It's no secret that many of the most popular beauty and wellness products these days are all about natural ingredients. But did you know that some of the most common spices in your kitchen can be used for various skin treatments?
Indian herbs and spices like ginger, turmeric, black pepper, cinnamon, cumin seeds, cardamom pods and cloves have been used for centuries to treat a variety of ailments including stomach aches and nausea. They're also great for boosting your immune system during cold season!
Nowadays they're being put to use by Westerners as well--for beauty recipes or as supplements to help ward off illness. But what do Indian herbs actually smell like? How would they taste if I were cooking with them?
1. Curry Powder. Curry powder is a blend of spices that are used in Indian cuisine. It's typically made up of coriander, cumin, turmeric, ginger and red pepper. While we all know about the use of curry powder for cooking dishes, many people may not realize how powerful this ingredient can be when it comes to beauty care. Curry powder can be used to flavor curry dishes. It is a mixture of spices, typically turmeric, coriander, cumin and red pepper.
2. Ginger Root Powder. What is ginger root powder? Ginger root powder, also known as galangal or Chinese keys, belongs to the same family of plants as cardamom and turmeric. Ginger root powder is a spice that's used in many culinary recipes. It has a strong flavor, and it's often found in Asian cooking. Ginger root has been used for thousands of years due to its healing properties. It's an anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and it may help with nausea if you have morning sickness.
3. Moringa Leaf Powder. Moringa powder is a dried form of moringa leaves. It's loaded with vitamins and minerals that can help you to lose weight naturally, without any negative side effects! Moringa leaves powder is awesome! It's packed with nutrients and minerals, boosts your energy level, and it tastes great. Moringa leaves are packed with nutrients that are good for the body, including protein, iron, calcium and magnesium.
4. Holy Basil Powder. Holy basil is commonly used in traditional Asian medicine and has been found to have a variety of health benefits. Holy basil is a hybrid of the two basil plants, one of which is tulsi. It's native to Southern Asia and has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years! Did you know that holy basil is good for stress and anxiety? It also helps promote a healthy immune system.
5. Lemongrass Powder. Lemongrass powder is an herbal supplement that contains both anti-fungal and antibacterial properties. It has traditionally been used to treat acne, colds, flus, cuts and bruises. You can use this spice to season your food and it is also a popular ingredient in many types of Asian soups. You can use lemongrass powder to make delicious Thai food. It's also a great natural remedy for insect bites and itching.