Henna comes mainly from India. Our henna comes from the Rajasthan Province in India, one of the most renowned places to grow henna in the world.
Before You Begin
Before applying the henna, apply almond oil, coconut, or a little moisturizing cream of your preference or balm all around the forehead, ears, and neck to prevent staining the skin. Henna should always be applied with gloves, and the surface where you are going to place all the materials for the application should be covered, since the pigment is very strong and can penetrate floors, walls, and clothes, so it is recommended to wear dark or old clothes.
The Henna Application Process
Henna Mix is very easy to prepare depending on the length of your hair: If it is short, you can use 100g of henna. The longer your hair is, the more powder you might need to add.
1) In a bowl (preferably a glass bowl), mix our Pure Henna Powder with water until reaching a consistency of yoghurt.
2) Let it sit for 3 to 10 hours (If it dries, just add a little bit of water)
3) Section off your hair into 4 parts and apply it from the root to the tip of your hair.
4) Once applied to the hair, leave it on from 3 to 24 hours (depending on the intensity you're looking for).
After Henna Dye Application
In this step there are two options:
1) If you want a more intense color, you can take out the henna only with water and, after 24 hours, you can wash it with shampoo and conditioner as always.
2) If you do not have time available, you can wash your hair as usual immediately after removing the Henna. (keeping in mind that some of the product can be removed with the shampoo).
We highly recommend to wash your hair with Argan Oil or Tea Tree Oil shampoo and conditioner which are parabens and sulfate free.
It is normal that you notice your hair dry the first days of applying henna but little by little your hair will soften. It is not recommended to apply direct heat to the hair in the first days of having applied henna since the application of henna itself may dries the hair a little and, with direct heat, the hair can dry out even more. In case this happens, you should continue washing your hair with Argan Oil or Tea Tree Oil shampoo and conditioner at least twice a week until your hair stays hydrated and regains its natural shine.
Our Pure, Natural, Organic Henna is affordable and comes in different presentations. All hair types can benefit greatly from Henna as it strengthens the root of the hair by making it grow healthy, strong, and restoring the damaged split ends.
Henna for Gray Hair 2 Steps Process:
If you're ready to cover your gray and skip the frustration of hair dye, follow these easy steps and see the wonderful results:
Apply the Henna Mix as instructed above, but do not shampoo at this time
The Henna always deposits the reddish, coppery color in the hair but in the gray hair the copper or orange color is even more intense. However, with the 2-step Process (application of the Indigo), the gray hair will be covered 100%, giving it a dark brown or black color.
In another glass bowl, mix 100 grams of Pure Indigo Powder with water until reaching the consistency of Yoghurt.
Let the mix rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
Apply it to the damp hair and leave on for at least 2 to 3 hours (the longer you leave it on the hair, the darker and more durable the color will be).
Rinse the hair only with plenty of water, so that the color penetrates more. After 24 hrs, wash with the shampoo and conditioner of your choice.
With these 2 steps process you can have excellent results.